FREE Online Marketing Course.
You’ve put in the work to recruit and onboard affiliates, build relationships with partners, secure media placements, and incentivize incremental performance; now it’s time to analyze the success of your affiliate marketing campaign. In this course, you will learn to recognize what average program performance looks like and identify any anomalies in your data. From there, you will craft a narrative behind the data to inform future program-related decisions. You will learn how to work backward towards target metrics as well as when and how to conduct a lift analysis.
This course is part of the Getting Started with Affiliate Marketing and Partnerships certification course, which you can complete for Certification in Affiliate Marketing and Partnerships.
Who is this for?
- Affiliate marketers who are new to the industry and want to develop skills in this field
- Program managers who would like to learn how to create a narrative surrounding data that enables them to make data-driven decisions based on results
- Affiliate managers who would like to understand the impact that specific events have on their affiliate marketing programs by conducting a lift analysis
- Individuals who would like to leverage various KPI calculations when analyzing the success of their affiliate marketing campaigns.
Sarah Dayes. Sarah is Chief Client Officer at Acceleration Partners, where she’s been for the last 10 years. Sarah is also on the Board of Directors of the Performance Marketing Association, and prior to her tenure at AP, she was CEO and managing partner at Luna Bostin, an online retail startup.
Samantha Parsons. Samantha is Director of Partnerships Experience Academy. Before starting at Impact, she worked on all sides of the affiliate marketing industry for the last 14 years. She worked in-house at Cabela’s, managing their affiliate program. She has also worked for several different publishers, as well as serving as President and Founder of Streamline Marketing, which sold to Acceleration Partners in 2020.
- 2 lessons
- 2 videos
- 2 quizzes
- 35 Minutes
How to Analyze Affiliate Marketing Program Performance (20 Minutes)
You have the data, but how do you make sense of it? This lesson goes into best practices when analyzing affiliate marketing program performance. You’ll learn how to understand program averages, identify anomalies and spot the story behind the data. You’ll also go over formulas for calculating KPIs and learn how to work backward to a target metric.
How to Complete a Lift Analysis in Affiliate Marketing (15 Minutes)
A lift analysis allows you to dive into specific events that may have had an impact on your affiliate marketing program and make sense of the effects of those events. This lesson covers reasons to conduct a lift analysis, key components of a lift analysis as well as the calculation you can use to conduct a lift analysis.
What you'll learn:
- Understand what average performance looks like and assess typical results for key metrics
- Recognize spikes or dips in data and observe any inconsistencies in average performance
- Clarify the narrative behind the data and understand how metrics are calculated, the factors that influence metrics, and the story behind the metrics
- Various KPI calculations that you can use to analyze the success of your affiliate marketing campaigns
- How to work backward to a target metric
- Reasons to conduct a lift analysis
- The components that make up a lift analysis
The formula used to conduct a lift analysis
Your cart is empty