FREE Online Course.
Historically, affiliate marketing was a channel full of fraud, including toolbar or software automatic redirections, trademark search bidding violations, and inappropriate coupon and gift card usage. Luckily, with appropriate marketing policies and affiliate contracts in place, fraud is easy to avoid. In this course, you'll learn how to develop appropriate marketing policies for your affiliate program, as well as how to prepare your marketplace presence and finance settings.
This course is part of the FREE Getting Started with Affiliate Marketing and Partnerships certification course, which you can complete for certification in Affiliate Marketing and Partnerships.
Who is this for?
- Affiliate marketers who are new to the industry and want to develop skills in this field.
- Affiliate managers who are struggling with fraud in their programs, including trademark bidding violations, software or downloadable extension redirection, or the inappropriate use of coupons or gift cards.
- Individuals who are unclear what marketing policies are appropriate to provide to their publishers for a new program.
Jamie Birch. Jamie is CEO and Chief Incremental Officer of JEB Commerce, which he started over 17 years ago to help clients achieve success in the affiliate industry. Before starting JEB, Jamie worked at a variety of companies managing their affiliate marketing and partnerships channels since 1999, including Coldwater Creek.
Samantha Parsons. Samantha is Director of Partnerships Experience Academy. Before starting at Impact, she worked on all sides of the affiliate marketing industry for the last 14 years. She worked in-house at Cabela’s, managing their affiliate program. She has also worked for several different publishers, as well as serving as President and Founder of Streamline Marketing, which sold to Acceleration Partners in 2020.
- 2 lessons
- 2 videos
- 2 quizzes
- 23 minutes
Developing Marketing Policies for an Affiliate Program (12 Minutes)
Without clear marketing policies for your affiliate program, it’s easy to become a victim of fraud. This quick lesson will help you understand the areas you should pay attention to and will present you with marketing policies to block four major types of fraud--software and toolbar redirections, trademark brand-bidding fraud, and coupon and gift card fraud.
Preparing Affiliate Marketplace Presence and Finance (11 Minutes)
Struggling to get applications accepted in your partnerships platform or affiliate network? Not sure why you are getting so many questions from your partners about their payout schedule? If so, it could be as simple as updating your marketplace presence and double-checking your finance settings! Learn how in this lesson.
What you'll learn:
- Common marketing policies to enact in your affiliate program to prevent fraud
- Trademark search bidding restrictions and why you should have them
- Common restrictions on toolbars or software and how to update your terms to reflect them
- Appropriate coupon usage and gift card commissioning policies
How to define your finance timeline so you don’t forget to pay publishers, and know-how to answer questions about finance when they arise
Your cart is empty